A Brazilian butt lift is an alternative to a butt transplant that involves taking fat from parts of the body like the arms and abdomen and transferring them into the buttocks to improve definition and volume. It is an effective way to craft a more attractive backside. It also enables you to avoid having an…
What Is a Mini Tummy Tuck?
A mini tummy tuck is just one of several versions of this surgery. Others include an abdominoplasty, extended abdominoplasty and a lower body lift. However, the mini option comes with some distinct benefits. If you have a bulge that you want to eliminate, this could be the ideal solution. Talk to a plastic surgeon to determine if you make a good candidate.
The difference between a mini tummy tuck and a full tummy tuck
A mini tummy tuck is not the same as a full tummy tuck. Formally called an abdominoplasty, the primary difference is the size of the incision. For the mini version, it is much shorter. With this surgery, the physician removes a small portion of skin in the lower abdomen. In comparison, the plastic surgeon makes an incision around the navel or tightens the muscles above it with the full version.
Who makes a good candidate for a mini tummy tuck?
Prime candidates for this surgery have good health and maintain a stable weight. While potential patients do have a bulge, there is not a lot of excessive skin. Basically, a mini tummy tuck works great for people with slight loose skin and a stubborn bulge. Even with this, it is important for patients to stick to a fitness regimen and follow a healthy diet.
Are patients given anesthesia?
To ensure a patient’s optimal comfort, the plastic surgeon performs a mini tummy tuck using general anesthesia. That way, the individual sleeps throughout the entire procedure. After two to three hours, the patient awakes to a refined body. Depending on the person, the surgeon can perform secondary procedures at the same time. Some examples include breast augmentation and liposuction.
Are there risks involved?
As with any major surgery, there are some risks associated with a mini tummy tuck. For instance, a patient could end up with a slightly off-centered belly button. Sometimes, an individual has more scarring than preferred, may experience a problem with bleeding or could develop an infection. However, with incredible medical advances, most people get through the procedure without any issue.
Preparing for surgery
Before going in for a mini tummy tuck, the patient must prepare. For one thing, the surgeon will review any prescribed medication to make sure it will not cause any problems. Also, people who smoke need to stop at least six weeks before surgery. The reason is that smoking can affect the way the body heals. It is also essential for a patient to have someone at home to help during the recovery period.
After a mini tummy tuck, the stubborn bulge of fat disappears. Ultimately, the patient ends up with a smooth and contoured stomach. Not only do clothes fit better, but the individual will also have higher self-esteem. Although most people heal within two months, the real results will not appear for roughly six months.
Having this procedure can change a person’s life. It can rejuvenate an individual’s looks and health. Getting a mini tummy tuck can happen for many reasons. Below are the known benefits of this procedure:
- Small incisions in the lower abdomen target the tissue just below the navel. These short incisions result in minimal scarring. Concealing them is easier since these cuts are in the pubic area.
- This tummy tuck procedure will only take about one to two hours. Regular abdominoplasty often takes two to four hours.
- This procedure needs only a week of recovery. Regular tummy tucks need two to three weeks of recovery.
- The patient can have less stress urinary incontinence or SUI because of this procedure. SUI happens when there is excessive pressure on the urethra and urinary bladder.
- Correcting ventral hernia is also one of the benefits of this tummy tuck. A ventral hernia happens when the abdominal tissue or intestines penetrate the abdominal wall and create a sack or pouch. A mini tummy tuck can correct the hernia by targeting the weakened abdominal muscles.
- The procedure can also improve posture. Less abdominal fat can strengthen the abdomen. An individual’s posture can improve because of tighter and stronger muscles that can support the back more.
- Decreasing back pain is also a benefit. Back pain often results from weakened abdominal muscles. This procedure removes excess fat and tightens the weak muscles. This can then end the back pain.
Exercise not working?
If you have tried every diet and exercise but without any change in your stomach, consider a mini tummy tuck. Along with conducting your own research, speak with a plastic surgeon. That way, you can ask questions and raise concerns. Instead of dealing with a pooch, you can do something about it.
Check out what others are saying about our services on Yelp: Read our Yelp reviews.
Liposuction is a cosmetic surgery procedure that involves a surgeon using a thin tube to remove fat deposits. The procedure can be used to improve the curves of the body parts being treated or to harvest fat that will be used for other treatments, like Brazilian butt lifts.Essential things that a person who is considering…
Plastic surgery refers to a number of different procedures ranging from breast augmentation to rhinoplasty. Additionally, there are a few procedures that focus on facial appearance and structure, such as facial and dermal fillers. Fillers are a popular treatment that many people consider when looking into different plastic surgery procedures. Ready to find out more?Below…
Post surgical lymphatic massage is a great way to reduce swelling after plastic surgery and help ensure the healing process is as efficient as possible. This review discusses the purpose of post surgical lymphatic massage and why it is strongly recommended by plastic surgeons after a surgical procedure.Post surgical lymphatic massage, also called lymphatic drainage…